Visual Fault Locator
The Fiber Checker is a very useful tool designed for checking the defects of a fiber cable. It emits a visible 650nm wavelength red laser light through fiber optic cables, then if there are breaks or defects in the fiber will refract the light, creating a bright glow around the faulty area.
The universal connector can be used for all the most widespread fiber interfaces such as ST / SC / FC connector. It is suitable to test both Single mode and Multimode cables. With an optional 2.5 mm to 1.25 mm optional Adapter, you can easily test 1.25 mm diameter fiber LC or MU connector. The visibility is from 3 km to 5 km dependent upon the output power of the Fiber Checker.
Internally there is also a specifically designed power circuit called an APC (Auto Power Control) circuit which provides steady power. The APC prevents unstable laser output when the battery is low.
The LD output signal can be switched to CW or Pulse Mode to obtain different visual effects. There is a dust cap which will prevent dirt from getting into the LD connector. The cover also prevents accidental exposure of the laser beam into anyone's eyes.
1. Easy to check fiber faults by using 650nm visual red laser.
2. Range: Visibility up to 3 ~ 5km.
3. Universal Connector for testing additional (ST, SC, FC, MU, and LC interfaces when using our Optional Adapter).
4. Operates with both Single mode and Multimode cables.
5. Highly effective power circuits designed for stable laser power.
6. Operating in both Continuous Wave (CW) & Pulse Mode.
7. Dustproof cap keeps fiber connectors clean, Powered by two AAA-size alkaline batteries, LED indicator for Power On, Battery Low alerts.
- Installation and Maintenance CATV / Telecom / FTTH in fiber optical fiber networks.
- Installation and Maintenance 4G / 5G mobile system.
- Installation and Maintenance data center network.
- Testing in standard laboratories.
- High throughput quality assurance.
Visual Fault Locator
- Related Products
Light Source is a handy instrument to provide you several wavelengths for testing the fiber equipment in an optical network and FTTx construction. Light Source is ideal for field or laboratory testing of optical communication systems at 850nm / 1300nm for datacom testing, 1310nm / 1550nm / CWDM 1270nm ~ 1610nm (20nm spans) for all WDM testing , as well as 1490nm for FTTx testing by changing the interchangeable SFP module. Light Source features zero warm up, superb productivity and is easy to use with its pocket-size and rugged handy design.With a LC / SC patch cord, the Light Source can be used for most widespread fiber interfaces such as LC / ST / SC / FC connectors. It is suitable to test both Singlemode and Multimode cables. Internally there is a specially designed power circuit called APC (Auto Power Control). The APC circuit provides continuous power which avoids unstable laser output when the battery is low. The LD output signal can be switched between Continuous Wave (CW) or Pulse Mode 270 Hz / 2 KHz Modulated Mode to simulate signal transmission. There is a dust proof cap which will prevent dirt from getting into the LD connector. The cap also helps avoid accidental exposure to the laser beam into your eyes.
The Fiber Installation Tools (FiTsⅡ) is an instrument which provides an optical stable light sources and optical power meters. The universal main frame provides up to 4-CH FiTsⅡ accordingly for installing power meter or light source module. The FiTsⅡ is ideal for field or laboratory testing of optical network testing by changing the interchange able module.